Local First Chicago is a nonprofit organization that strengthens Chicago's neighborhood economies by promoting the benefits of locally owned, independent businesses. Local First Chicago seeks a dedicated self-starter to serve its active board of directors in management of all aspects of organization activities.
- Program Management:
- Coordinate all aspects of the holiday Shop Local campaign, collaborating with partner organizations and funders (seasonal)
- Write campaign report, communicating program results with the public, partner organizations and funders (seasonal)
- Maintain directory of local, independent businesses through web-platform
- Work continually to make directory relevant and robust
- Fund Development:
- Manage grants, completing and submitting reports as necessary
- Apply for grants as directed by the board of directors
- Implement individual donor development plan
- Communicate regularly and appropriately with friends and donors to keep them informed, call them to action, and thank them for their contributions
- Promote the benefits of supporting independent businesses through Shop Local marketing, maintaining website and social media accounts in keeping with programs, goals and mission
- Write and distribute regular e-newsletters to constituent groups
- Work as point person between board of directors and web developer
- Schedule board and committee meetings
- Ensure reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Maintain electronic files
A successful candidate will understand organizational development and exhibit deep commitment to local living economies strengthened by local, independent businesses.
This is a part-time contract position. 20 hours a week average, 30 hours a week during seasonal campaigns.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Megan Kruis, email@example.com.