Strengthening Chicago’s Neighborhood Economies
Chicago’s neighborhoods with their local businesses are the heart and soul of our city. Local First Chicago works to strengthen these neighborhood’s economies by promoting the benefits of their locally owned, independent businesses.
Help Strengthen Your Neighborhood!
Every day you can strengthen your neighborhood’s economy simply by shopping at local independent businesses as opposed to national chains. Shop at a national retailer and more of your money leaves Chicago. Shop at a local store and more stays here.Learn More
Where to Find Unique Local Businesses
Looking for a local coffee shop in Garfield Park, a bike shop in Roscoe Village, a shoe store in Andersonville, a tattoo parlor in Lincoln Park, a donut shop in Wicker Park, a pet store in Logan Square or a boutique in Beverly?
Find them in our Business Directory
Promote Your Local Business!
Promote Your Local Independently Owned Business.
- Enter your business in Local First Chicago’s Business Directory - coming soon!
- Display a Local First Chicago window decal in your business. Contact Us
- Include the Local First Chicago logo in your marketing material – even on your menu.
- Participate in LFC’s Shop Local Campaigns
Join in the Local Fun!
Every week across the city; businesses, local Chambers of Commerce, community groups, and Local First Chicago are holding events that:
- Highlight the benefits of supporting independently owned businesses
- Locally owned business festivals, sidewalk sales, fundraisers & more
- Educational events for small businesses
Find a local event near you or enter one of your own.