Our mission is to strengthen Chicago's neighborhood economies by promoting the benefits of locally owned, independent businesses.
How LFC Pursues Our Mission
- Promote the benefits our neighborhoods gain from having a strong base of local businesses through educational sessions, and information our our website.
- Make it easier to find locally owned, independent businesses. Please check out our Business Directory.
- Educate local neighborhood organizations, City officials, and Chambers of Commerce on the benefits of locally owned, independent businesses.
- Provide Shop Local campaign material to businesses and local chambers to promote their businesses as local. Here are some of the campaigns we've put on in the past.
- Maintain a City-wide list of local events. Please post your own local event.
Local First Chicago's Board of Directors consists of dedicated volunteers, who are also local business owners.
Peter Locke, Chair - TerraLocke, Inc.
Jenna Obluck, Secretary - Gilasi Glass Countertops
Suzanne Keers, Treasurer - Main Street Innovations
Andrew Clarke - Ground Floor Partners
Naomi Davis - Blacks in Green
Jean-Paul Thomas - SmallOfficeNets
Lesley Tweedie - Roscoe Village Bikes
Here are some other Shop Local campaign posters we've done in the past. Please look for our upcoming Unwrap poster.